Quicken ID / Password Required

Options

This has been going on for the past few releases (Used to not occur).

intermittantly requires ID and password to OPEN a LOCAL data file (not using the cloud).

In no way should this be required! (basically having to do this and by inference, be on a network to open a LOCAL data file).

Many 'old' threads about this, closed with no resolution. This one the most recent, closed with no resolution.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

From Quicken —> Edit —> Prefences… —> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts —> Sign in as a different user —> Yes to sign out and sign back in with your current Quicken ID/password.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Options

From Quicken —> Edit —> Prefences… —> Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts —> Sign in as a different user —> Yes to sign out and sign back in with your current Quicken ID/password.

• mark miller
    mark miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

done that, several times in fact.

No joy

in thinking about authentication/authorization, back to my point, it shouldn't require authentication/authorization back to (remote) quicken. Should be all local, with local install/data.

just local login/password (if password required is enabled), not Quicken ID.

i seem to recall this started when quicken spun off…a hard push to the cloud…probably some kid product manager assuming everyone would be on the cloud

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options

Quicken needs to check your subscription level associated with your Quicken ID when you start Quicken. Signing out and in should refresh your credentials.

• mark miller
    mark miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options

yes and it shouldn’t. Back to my prior comment… Before, as part of an installation, you are authorized with the license key provided… Then, as mentioned only other authorization is for a specific data file… So I think my hypothesis is correct if what you say is accurate… They changed this… The irony is, it’s obviously not 100% because it doesn’t always happen, i.e. force you to authenticate remotely across the Internet

This discussion has been closed.