Is anyone else having problems with Ally bank transfers the last few weeks?

Options
Kroth
Kroth Member ✭✭

The last few weeks, my Ally bank account transfers haven't been downloading properly. I have had to go in and manually add some reoccurring transfers, as well as some one time transfers I have performed in and out of the accounts. It looks like this problem has started as recently as 11/13 for me. Since then, I've had over 6 transactions fail to post. Anyone else?

Answers

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No. As a first troubleshooting step, I'd try resetting the account. If that doesn't resolve the issue, deactivate, and reactivate the account.

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options

what is the difference between resetting and deactivating and reactivating? I thought it was the same?

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options

what is the difference between resetting and deactivating and reactivating? I thought it was the same.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The end result is supposed to be the same, but sometimes deactivate and reactivate, especially when using Tools / Add Account to perform the reactivation, works better.

In case you have issues with transfer transactions not being generated correctly:
    For best results manually enter transfer transactions into your register BEFORE you download transactions from the bank which contain the transfer confirmations. For recurring transfers use scheduled reminders and enter them a day or two before the due date.
    Be sure to use distinct Payee Names for each transfer / credit card payment to avoid confusing Quicken - memorized payee entries.
    That takes the guesswork out of the download process. Because a correctly entered transfer transaction already exists in your account registers, the download process should just match the downloaded transfer transaction to the existing one in both accounts.

• Kroth
    Kroth Member ✭✭
    Options

Great call - i have some weekly reoccuring stuff that I do that I don't have entered into the register and sometimes quicken gets it wrong. I will address that now. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.