How to reconcile a bank-connected loan account when all quicken will show me is the balance? (Q Mac)

Options
JasonX
JasonX Member

Quicken displays what it believes is my current balance, but it's off by a couple hundred dollars. If I had the register displayed for that account, I could reconcile it and find the error, but when I click through to it, Quicken me "You may view your balances for Loan Accounts, but loan transactions are not currently supported."

For clarity, the accurate balance at the bank is a couple hundred dollars more than the balance reported on Quicken. With every payment I make, the quicken balance is reduced by the correct amount—so the connection is live.

Comments

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Where are you trying to view your loan transactions? It sounds like you are trying to view them in Quicken on the Web or the Quicken Mobile app, and in those places there won't be a register to see your loan transactions, but it should show them in the desktop app on your Mac. Select the loan account in your sidebar, then the "Payments" tab.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is interesting that Quicken Mac can display transactions in a loan account that is connected for downloading transactions. Quicken Windows doesn't show the register for online connected loan accounts.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@Chris_QPW Yes, this is one of the differences Quicken Mac has that I actually really like. I can view and manipulate the register as needed for connected loan accounts, and Quicken will add adjustments to the register as needed to keep the balance in line with what the FI reports when you update accounts. There is also an option to see a read-only view of transactions according to the bank (separate from the editable register):

I find this useful sometimes to see exactly what the bank is reporting in case something seems amiss in the register or if I want to see other details, like the breakdown of principal and interest or interest paid on the escrow balance I have with my bank:

I feel like it's the best of both worlds (having the loan still connected, while being able to manually manage loan transactions), and it's something I miss when I go back and mess around with Quicken Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like a very nice implementation.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.