Tax Summary report excludes realized gains

Options
Rocket J Squirrel
Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Reports (Windows)

When the Tax Summary report is run "subtotal by category", the _RlzdGain category is shown with the correct amount.

When the report is changed to "subtotal by tax schedule", the realized gains vanish from the report. They should appear in Schedule D. The only category I see in Schedule D is _LT CapGnDst. This happens for past years as well as the current year.

Can anyone verify this happens to them and not just me?

QWin R53.16

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seems to be happening also back in R48.8. Only gets dropped for the Subtotal by Tax Schedule.

Of course the more specific Tax Schedule Report has "always" omitted the realized gains tabulation. (FWIW)

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Options

the more specific Tax Schedule Report has "always" omitted the realized gains tabulation

You're right. I just never noticed before. May be 2 manifestations of the same bug. I shall report a problem.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Follow-up observation — The Built-in automatic _RlzdGain category does not have a tax line associated with it. Available Sched D tax lines are for CG Distributions, LT Gains, and ST Gains. I seemed to get one opportunity to edit that category to add a specific line, after which that edit option went away.

PS: It appears that if the 'automatic' category lacks a Tax Line, you can edit the category to add that detail. But any such category with a tax line, including one you just added, cannot be edited. Odd.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited November 2023
    Options

By George, I think you've identified the basis of the problem. I can manually assign Schedule D:LT gain/loss to the category. But there's no way to handle a combination of LT and ST gains in the report.

The built-in "_" investment categories can be edited if you hold down SHIFT while right-clicking them.

This discussion has been closed.