Quicken Activation form has problems - with 4K monitor & mouse (edit)

Options

Trying to use my yearly activation code to update my "membership".

Using Help | Manage your Subscription | Enter Activation Code

Everything is grayed out. Clicking in box to enter code does nothing.

Can't even click on the help links on the page.

Looks like no one tested this on a hi def monitor.

Am I the first to hit this ?

Debugging….

Best Answer

• kevinma
    kevinma Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, figured it out when I noticed that the help links on the page get activated when the mouse is about 3/8" of an inch below the actual help link on the page.

Can't believe this isn't tested. I'm running all 4K monitors so whatever they are using for this silly form which is nothing like the base quicken app can't handle mouse input properly on a 4K monitor. I haven't seen an app fail like this in many years. All the mouse inputs are skewed.

If you do some careful clicking you can get it to let you enter the activation code by clicking around below the box until you see the cursor appear in the box. Unfortunately, you will drown in problems after doing it in this fashion as there is plenty of follow on unnecessary bs to follow to get through the process. Hitting the "Activate Membership" button is the hardest.

I abandoned clicking and used keyboard (tab mainly) to hop between all the fields they want you to fill out to get through this and successfully activated for another year. This is the best quick work around.

I'll add I tried to add "tags" to this post so that it would come up in searchbut could not. So I'll do it here: windows classic 4k monitor high def activation fail gray dialog box . This really isn't a tagging dialog box but only select from a crude list tagging feature which has no value to users.

Quicken, getting harder to use with every year that arrives :-(

Answers

• kevinma
    kevinma Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, figured it out when I noticed that the help links on the page get activated when the mouse is about 3/8" of an inch below the actual help link on the page.

Can't believe this isn't tested. I'm running all 4K monitors so whatever they are using for this silly form which is nothing like the base quicken app can't handle mouse input properly on a 4K monitor. I haven't seen an app fail like this in many years. All the mouse inputs are skewed.

If you do some careful clicking you can get it to let you enter the activation code by clicking around below the box until you see the cursor appear in the box. Unfortunately, you will drown in problems after doing it in this fashion as there is plenty of follow on unnecessary bs to follow to get through the process. Hitting the "Activate Membership" button is the hardest.

I abandoned clicking and used keyboard (tab mainly) to hop between all the fields they want you to fill out to get through this and successfully activated for another year. This is the best quick work around.

I'll add I tried to add "tags" to this post so that it would come up in searchbut could not. So I'll do it here: windows classic 4k monitor high def activation fail gray dialog box . This really isn't a tagging dialog box but only select from a crude list tagging feature which has no value to users.

Quicken, getting harder to use with every year that arrives :-(

This discussion has been closed.