Ameris Bank not downloading since Nov 16th. reported multiple times, still not fixed (11/25)

Options

I was getting CC-502 errors, now I am getting CC-501 errors when trying to update my Ameris Bank checking/debit account. I have used the "Report a problem" link on the One Step Update Summary pop-up, but it is still not fixed after a week. Any progress or information on what is going on?

R53.16, 27.1.5316 Build. Windows machine.

Best Answers

• ZombieBanker
    ZombieBanker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I spoke with Ameris today. They stated that their fix should be implemented on Dec. 10th.

• Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was having the same problem. After deactivating the account and then adding it back via Tools > Add Account and selecting "Ameris Bank - Personal Banking", it resolved the problem for me.

• Micheal Smith
    Micheal Smith Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have used the method by Birdman24 "deactivating the account and then adding it back via Tools > Add Account and selecting "Ameris Bank - Personal Banking", and have had good results. I do have to use two factor identification with at code texted to me.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

CC-501 errors from one or more banks

Please read and follow instructions here: https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501

Support needs to obtain your download log files to be able to dig a little deeper to resolve this issue for you.
    Just "Report a problem" without a call to follow up won't get the ball rolling.

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

The "report a problem" link does send the log files (Connlog.txt, CONNOLD.txt, CustomerCentralError.txt,OFXLOG.txt, OFXOLD.txt, QCSLog.txt, SyncLog.txt, SynclOgOld.txt, and QuickenAuthorizationLog.txt) and includes a screen shot.

I will call them on Monday.

Thanks.

• Micheal Smith
    Options

Had the same issue and called Ameris 11/22/2023. It is a known issue at Ameris due to the upgrades they have implemented in on-line banking. Was told that this was expected to be resolved the first week of December.

• ZombieBanker
    ZombieBanker Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I spoke with Ameris today. They stated that their fix should be implemented on Dec. 10th.

• ZombieBanker
    ZombieBanker Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke with Ameris again today. Now their ETR is "Mid-December".

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ugh…about ready to switch banks. Thanks for the update.

• Micheal Smith
    Options

Just had the same conversation. ETR uncertain. Advice is to give it a try daily or every other day to see when it clears up.

• Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

I was having the same problem. After deactivating the account and then adding it back via Tools > Add Account and selecting "Ameris Bank - Personal Banking", it resolved the problem for me.

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Birdman, I did the same and now it is finally working after a month. But it is requiring sending a new security code each time I want to update, which is usually daily (every morning). Anyone know how to get around this? Logged into the Ameris site and did not see anything about registering for Quicken, or trusting a device, etc.

• Wayne BR
    Wayne BR Member ✭✭
    Options

Ameris Bank is giving mixed information. Using their chat feature I am told they still have a problem when calling the helpdesk I am told the problem has been solved and to contact Quicken. I like the staff at the local branch, but the junk their support team is providing is forcing me to consider another bank.

• Bob162
    Bob162 Member
    Options

I am now getting a CC –885 error. Is Ameris Bank still having issues connecting to Quicken?

Does anyone know of other banks that are currently having issues connecting to Quicken? Is it time to abandon Ameris Bank?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Bob

• Micheal Smith
    Micheal Smith Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have used the method by Birdman24 "deactivating the account and then adding it back via Tools > Add Account and selecting "Ameris Bank - Personal Banking", and have had good results. I do have to use two factor identification with at code texted to me.

• Lshn629
    Lshn629 Member
    Options

Have reset the account and it worked until a week ago and there still is a problem even though I have done multiple times. Support does not have an answer as of yesterday.

• JeannieRyan
    JeannieRyan Member ✭✭
    Options

I have reset my account in Quicken several times and it has not worked for me. I wish they would fix this as it is extremely frustrating!

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

One thing - There are two options discussed here. One is to Deactivate account and one is to Reset Account. Those are two options on the Account Details > Online Services popup. I had to Deactivate and then Activate my Ameris account to get it to work, Reset Account did not work for me.

• JeannieRyan
    JeannieRyan Member ✭✭
    Options

Let me clear up my previous comments. I have reset AND deactivated my account with Ameris a number of times and nothing has worked. Almost 2 months of entering my data manually and I am almost to the breaking point. As a retired Military member I opened a joint checking account with Navy Federal Credit Union (have other accounts with them) and am in the process of switching to them for my everyday checking needs. I am done with Ameris!

• Scholbr
    Scholbr Member
    Options

I have had the same problems but the interface is operating again but doesn't work properly. The available balance is being brought over to quicken. This means if you have any pending transactions you can't reconcile the account. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix this?

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

I had to add a placeholder adjustment in Quicken to make the amounts balance, marked it as Reconciled. The reconcile feature may do that for you once all cleared transactions are accounted for. I was able to reconcile with Decembers statements.

• MRC61
    MRC61 Member
    Options

I was provided guidance by Ameris but it doesn't work…supposed to get a call from support to remedy…all the above stated have failed for me.

• MRC61
    MRC61 Member
    Options

Addendum…I just found my accounts in The Jacksonville Bank (now Ameris)…not sure how or why but not it works!

• Tugdoc
    Tugdoc Member
    Options

Have been struggling with this since subscribing to Quicken a month ago, almost deleted the whole program until I stumbled across MRC61 comment about The Jacksonville Bank- that is the fix.

• blue68quicken
    Options

This has worked for me to connect. If you put Ameris Bank in the search, scroll all the way down under other suggestions there will be 2 banks listed that is formerly another bank. Also I could connect using other similar Quicken software without issue but not Quicken. I have forwarded this to Quicken Support but all they did was remove Ameris Bank - Personal (?) from the list. It is not Ameris banks issue but without a doubt Quickens. Dealing with his now for 35 days, 2.5 hours on the phone and countless emails. This is a similar fix as MRC61 found.

• jeff30030
    jeff30030 Member
    Options

Thanks! Selecting Central Bank of GA worked for me too

• mparrott82
    mparrott82 Member ✭✭
    Options

Great - Now, after working correctly for a month, I am getting the CC-501 again. Ugh. I will give it 24 hours to see if Ameris or Quicken fix it, again. Not hopeful…

• Micheal Smith
    Micheal Smith Member ✭✭
    Options

Was working for me for about a month. Then I got the CC-501 for a couple of days. Started working correctly again yesterday and today.

This discussion has been closed.