quickens super validate

Options
Greg Brown
Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta

Just ran super validate due to problems with cc-800 and online billers not connecting. Can you explain to me what "Reset migration status for online bill." means?

QCBP R53.16

Windows 11 Pro current

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

Comments

• Greg Brown
    Options

So… after Super Validate i did an Online Bills Update and Quicken Crashed. This is the Event viewer Info:

Faulting application name: qw.exe, version: 27.1.53.16, time stamp: 0x6555ca33
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0xfc3ed07c
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000ed2ef
    Faulting process id: 0x0x45A8
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA20604175B316
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 54c8894c-40f9-4cd0-b38e-6e17459bdb1f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

They don't tell anyone what those messages mean. But I will say one thing, that you posting that have a crash after doing it.

People recommend Validate and Super Validate as if it "normal" "safe". Both of these, but especially Super Validate have the potential of producing a data file that is worse off than the original. That is why they developers choose to make a backup of your data file before doing the validate without even asking.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Greg Brown

What issue were you trying to fix that prompted you to want to run super validate?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Greg Brown
    Options

I have an account that keeps getting a CC 800 no matter what I do delete I have an account that keeps getting a CC 800 no matter what I do delete it re-add it data recovery still gets to CC 800. I also have a couple of online builders that won’t connect. I keep getting the fix-it or wait response.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried for years to make online bills work, and the result were that some would always work, some would work sometimes, and some would never work. I think part of this is the Quicken software, but the main problem is that the third party is trying to "read/control" unstandardized websites. There is no way that can be "stable".

As for CC-800 errors which basically say that Quicken couldn't find the account. Well others have had this problem lately. I have had it intermittently late at night most of the time. It seems like Quicken calls a lot of "connection errors" CC-800 maybe because it doesn't get any better error result reported. I would say if this is one connection that does that I would first try it in different data file to make sure the problem is really in your data file or the Quicken Cloud dataset associated with it.

If it fails in a different data file there isn't much reason to believe that the problem is in the data file and can be fixed with Validate. On the other hand, if works or even for the fact that Super Validate causes a crash in the online billing section, I would use Quicken's cop/template to create a new data file with all the online connections removed and start over with connecting up all the online services.

Signature:
  • Greg Brown
    Options

Yeah I've used the copy process more times than I care to admit. The account with the cc-800 appears to update, the "Last Download" date is current so not sure what's going on. I'll just deal with it for now. Using the copy process causes me to establish the connection again on all accounts which in my case is a lot, I'm guessing 50ish. Thanks for the comments.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, copy is a "last resort" kind of operation because by design it removes all online services, which depending on how much you use can be lot to redo.

On the Online Bill presentment/Biling, in my opinion presentment comes under the heading of not worth the effort, and actually paying bills with it is "Why would anyone want to subject themselves to that torture?" It is right up there with Sync to Mobile/Web in the "don't use category for me".

Signature:
  • Greg Brown
    Options

I hear you on the paying bills process. I keep hoping it will get better. I know you use autopay a lot, but I don't like giving control to anybody when it comes to reaching into my pocket. I currently use BofA for online bill pay but the process involves paying the bill at BofA website and "remembering" to add the scheduled reminder into Quicken. Life was great when Direct Connect was supported. I paid EVERYTHING from BofA via Quicken. I HATE that it is no longer available.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, it really sucks that the US financial system is such a mess. That's "freedom" for you. Government regulation isn't always bad.

Signature:
This discussion has been closed.