Remove "Check pay" option

Options

Using Quicken Windows R53.16 Build 27.1.53.16

"Check Pay" appears next to two of my online credit card account bills (Chase and CapitalOne).

I choose NOT to pay for the extra service to have Quicken submit the bills for me. I am happy to do that my self via the CC Company or my bank for free.

How do I remove the "Check Pay" option? I have been ignoring the "check pay" and paying bills as usual. I tried "Link to Reminder". All this did was create a manual reminder. Reverting to a manual bill reminders on the accounts seems to be a step backwards in progress.

I am including a screen grab of my options from the dropdown.

Any help would be great. Am i missing something?

Thanks,

Steve

Quicken user since Ver 3.0 for DOS.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In that case, since you don't use Quicken Bill Manager for your credit card payments, delete the biller from your Quicken data. Use a regular scheduled reminder to make your credit card payments instead and record the reminder when you have submitted payment via the bank's or the credit card company's website.

For years I've been using Autopay (or direct debit or whatever the billers call it) to make the monthly payments automatically on Due Date. And I record the reminder when I am notified of the new statement being available.
    Haven't missed a single payment in years, even at times where I was traveling and had no Internet connection.

• Steve Horrocks
    Options

Thanks.

But your response did not answer my question on "how to remove check pay". Instead, you choose to tell me what I have been doing for years.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's no option to "remove Check Pay" from the list of available options. As it currently stands with your setup for this biller, the only thing you can do with this bill using Quicken Bill Manager is to use Check Pay.
    You don't want to use Check Pay and so the only thing you can do is to delete this biller.

This discussion has been closed.