How to download monthly pension transactions with the same dollar amount

Options
SandyB_55
SandyB_55 Member ✭✭

Each month my husband and I receive an Old Age Pension cheque. We each receive the same amount. Although I download all my transactions every month, I only get one of these transactions downloaded. It just won't "see" the second one so every month I need to enter it in by hand. Is there a way to fix this?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If both transactions are downloaded from the bank with exactly the same Payee Name and Memo text, it's quite possible that Quicken thinks of one of them being a duplicate and therefore drops it into the bit bucket.

How about setting up and using two Scheduled Reminder Transactions, one for "His OAP" and one for "Her OAP" (use whatever distinct payee names make sense to you)?
    Record those reminders a couple of days before their actual due date.
    When these transactions are downloaded from the bank, match each of the downloaded transactions to the appropriate His or Her register transaction (you may have to drag and drop the downloaded transaction over the existing register transaction to make a manual match). That should resolve the issue, I hope …

• SandyB_55
    SandyB_55 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks! I'll give that a try this next month.

This discussion has been closed.