Synchrony Credit Card QFX files will not Import (edit)

Options
blong5150
blong5150 Member

I found out that Synchrony Credit Cards no longer support Quicken. As a result, I have downloaded my transactions manually (QFX Files). I am importing into one my Synchrony (Amazon) account. The account is no longer set up for online use. When I try to import the file, I get error OL-297-A "Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection". Importing a QFX file should not involve an internet connection. I have also tried this with a couple of my other accounts with the same result.

Comments

• blong5150
    Options

I'm on Build 27.1.53.16

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Importing a QFX file should not involve an internet connection. 

The main difference between an OFX file and QFX file is that a QFX file has some extra information in it for what the financial institution is.

This is used to make sure that the file is from a "participating partner". It doesn't involve actually logging into that financial institution, but it does involve contacting the Intuit server (I think it is Intuit's server, Quicken Inc pays Intuit for connections services) and checking this information. If it can't make this connection it will refuse to import the QFX file.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Open up the QFX file with Windows Notepad - and scroll thru the beginning text - the file is just plain text -
    You are looking for the Financial ID <FID> of the bank - …
    What is that number -
    Here is an example of what you are looking for….

<FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>99999
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>99999

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.