Keyboard shortcuts in Date fields not working...(again)

Options
Jeepien
Jeepien Member ✭✭

The keyboard shortcuts in Date fields, namely:

+
-
Today
MontH
YeaR

…have stopped working again. <sigh>

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What has changed recently? Any new patch version applied? What is your Windows short date format, mm/dd/yyyy?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jeepien I'm running R53.16 and they work for me in both investment and non-investment accounts.

Win 11 Home — Ver 22H2 OS build 22621.2715

Have you rebooted your computer lately.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• garspss
    garspss Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

BUG: The 'M' keyboard shortcut jumps to the first of the NEXT month when the date field is on the first day of a month.

Quicken Classic Premier R53.16. This occurs when creating a report and adjusting the custom date fields using the Customize dialog (gear icon). My date format is MM/DD/YYYY.

'M' was always a shortcut to the first of the current month. or if already on the first, to the first of the previous month. It still works this way in account registers. I don't know when it broke in report customization. I use the shortcut often enough that I suspect it was the most recent release.

Example: Quicken is showing 12/8/2023. If I press 'M', it jumps to 12/1/2023, as expected. Pressing 'M' again will jump to 1/1/2024 when it should have jumped to 11/1/2023. Additional presses of 'M' will continue to move to the next month.

Update: I use three quicken files. Only one of them exhibits this behavior. The other two behave correctly. This is a Heisenbug?

• garspss
    garspss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have updated to vR53.26 Build 27.1.53.26. It still has the problem I described on Dec 8 where the 'M' shortcut key moves forward a month instead of backward. It is data dependent and affects only one of my Quicken files when customizing report dates via the gear icon dialog. I originally submitted my file for analysis via "Report a problem…".

This discussion has been closed.