quicken rename security not working - with Options

Options
raymondb
raymondb Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investing (Windows)

With the migration of my TDA account to Schwab there was inevitably some security renames - particularly with options. On every download it notifies of a mismatch on one particular security and I tell quicken to go ahead with the rename. According to the help, this one should not come up again, yet it does on every download.

I have some other securities that are not a match and i tell quicken I will rename it myself - so I expect those to come up repeatedly. I have a different issue with those because the names that quicken says are wrong dont show up in my holdings under that name

Any suggestions on either / both of the above?

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Usually a 'rename not working' is because the 'new' name already exists. You can't change 'Ford Motor Co' to 'Ford' if 'Ford' already exists as a security.

In the context of your question, the options aspect, and the TDA to Schwab, I am wondering if this is not in part a 'matched with online security' issue. For the 'one particular security', review your security list (Ctrl-Y). See if a relevant security in the list has details that it is "Matched with online security". If so uncheck that box. You may then find on your next download that Quicken will offer to match the downloaded security to that existing security.

If you could snip and post a portion of a screenshot showing the problem that would be helpful.

It is always a good idea to have a backup file available before going too far with these change something processes.

This discussion has been closed.