Adding spouse access to our quicken records

Options

I have been a Quicken user for years, using a Windows laptop, and now my spouse would like to access the information from his own laptop. How can I set him up — does he need his own login ID and do I need to put our data on the Quicken cloud in order for him to see the information from his own laptop?

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can share the Quicken ID on your PCs. Quicken Cloud is not of use for this purpose.

Will your spouse be modifying the Quicken data or just looking at it?

If he will only be looking at it, the simplest thing is for him to copy the .QDF file from your PC to his PC over your home network when he wants to see it. You will need to put the .QDF file somewhere on your PC such as \users\public from which you can share it.

If both spouses will be modifying the file, it gets a little trickier to avoid conflicts. We usually recommend copying the data file onto a USB thumb drive and physically moving it between PCs (copying it to each PC's hard drive for speed). The thumb drive acts as a "token" signifying who currently "owns" the data.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.