New accounts on Fidelity Investments are not downloading.

Options

My brokerage account was hacked, and all existing accounts were closed, and the assets were transferred to new accounts (5 brokerage accounts for me and my wife). I added the new accounts to Quicken, and everything looks fine, except no transactions or assets were added and no transactions are being downloaded with one-step. Any ideas on how to get the new accounts to function properly?

To troubleshoot, I opened a new Quicken file, and added all 10 Fidelity accounts. Everything loaded just fine.

Best Answer

• PTaylor574
    PTaylor574 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it to work, but not quite as you described.

I deactivated the hacked accounts, exited Q, restarted and used the 'Set up Now' button to reconnect a hacked account. In the ensuing screen I changed the default of "Link to Existing" to "Don't add to Quicken" for all the old hacked accounts. I left the default "Add to Quicken" as-is for the new accounts. This was exactly what I had tried earlier, but earlier I had not exited and restarted Q: this is the important thing I missed.

Quicken added the new accounts, and left the old hacked accounts untouched. I then entered 'Adjust Share Balance' transactions to set the number of shares to zero for each asset in the old accounts.

All is well. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In your old Q data file, disable all of the hacked accounts from download, exit Q, restart Q and re-connect each account.

There's no need to create new accounts.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PTaylor574
    PTaylor574 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got it to work, but not quite as you described.

I deactivated the hacked accounts, exited Q, restarted and used the 'Set up Now' button to reconnect a hacked account. In the ensuing screen I changed the default of "Link to Existing" to "Don't add to Quicken" for all the old hacked accounts. I left the default "Add to Quicken" as-is for the new accounts. This was exactly what I had tried earlier, but earlier I had not exited and restarted Q: this is the important thing I missed.

Quicken added the new accounts, and left the old hacked accounts untouched. I then entered 'Adjust Share Balance' transactions to set the number of shares to zero for each asset in the old accounts.

All is well. Thanks for your help!

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PTaylor574 curious, how were you alerted to the fact that your Fidelity accounts had been hacked?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• PTaylor574
    PTaylor574 Member ✭✭
    Options

I was phished. I realized it, but not until I had given the hackers sensitive information. I called Fidelity, and they were great, immediately freezing all my accounts and recommending that I get replacement credit cards. They also recommended that I change the passwords on all my accounts across the web. It has been a stressful experience, but the only financial loss is from NSF penalties on two BillPay's that bounced.

This discussion has been closed.