Citi Double Cash not working on projected balances

Options

I'm using the Mac version of quicken classic and when trying to view projected balances under bills and income for my Citi double cash card it goes to "all accounts" and will not display just the card.

However, all my other accounts work fine.

I have tried to re-add/resync the card and the problem persists.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Just to confirm: you are on the Bills & Income page and the Projected Balances tab. You are using the popup accounts filter under "Projected Balances" to try to view just this one card? Are you saying that when you select the Citicard card in the popup, it jumps back to All Accounts? That would seem to be a bug.

I cannot reproduce this. What happens if you select the Credit Cards account filter? Do the Citicard future transactions show in that filter?

If you go to the Citicard register, do you have the future transactions set to display (e.g., Next Instance or Next 60 days, etc.)? I vaguely recall that in earlier versions only what was set in the particular register would show up in the Bills & Income page. But in the current version it does seem that these settings are independent of each other.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • simplycorbett
    Options

Yeah, under bills & income and projected balances if I select the Citi card it jumps back to all accounts. It doesn't happen with any other account/card.

Under "all credit card accounts" the Citi card scheduled income does show up and it does calculate it into all of the accounts, but I'd like to be able to see just the Citi card balance.

I'm not sure about the last part or how to view that, I'm fairly new to quicken.

• RickO
    Options

Well, that does sound like a bug.

For the last part of my post, go to the Citicard individual account register in the sidebar. Click the tiny clock icon at the top right of the register. If it is set to Don't Show Reminders, change it to Next One due. If it's already set to something else, change it to another option. (This BTW and assuming it works, is a workaround for this issue as you can see the projected balance for just this card right in the register.) Then go back to B&I > Projected Balances and see if the problem still exists.

If it does, you should probably click Help > Report a Problem and submit a problem report. You won't get any feedback from this though. If you want, you could contact Quicken Support, let them screenshare and demo the problem for them and make sure they are reporting it up the chain, assuming they confirm it's a bug.

Finally, one more (nuclear) workaround that might fix it: delete the account and re-add it. (Not sure if that's what you meant re-add the card in your original post. Rather than deleting the account first, I would first turn off downloads in the account's settings. Then leave this account there and make a new account for this card. See if the problem exists for this new account. If not, delete the old account. But first drag and drop any older transactions that are missing in the new account from the old account's register to the new account in the sidebar.

• simplycorbett
    Options

Yeah, it's set for 30 days. Changing it to 60-90 etc doesn't fix the problem.

I have already tried to delete and re-add and re-sync the account, the problem persists.

guess I'll try contacting support.

• RickO
    Options

If you leave the bad account there and add a new manual account, does this new manual account have the problem. If you then connect the new manual account to Citicards, does it have the problem?

This discussion has been closed.