How to download transactions from TreasuryDirect

Options
qckenguy
qckenguy Member ✭✭

Using Quicken Mac, I created a new account for TreasuryDirect, which did seem to connect successfully. After it completed, the problem is it did not download any transactions. In the account settings, the transaction downloads are set to download all available transactions.

Q: is there a way to get Quicken to be able to download all available transactions from TreasuryDirect? Or how do I manually add them if needed?

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In general, transactions can only be downloaded for a period restricted by the FI, usually 90 days. That said, it would not surprise me that Treasury Direct doesn't work given that it's whole website is pretty disfunctional.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Update: I never bothered connecting my TreasuryDirect account, but now I just did. I see that it only supports Simple Tracking. Therefore, you will never get any individual transaction data downloaded for these accounts. And, what it shows in the portfolio is pretty worthless as it only show a cash balance in the account, not individual holdings. (I only have savings bonds in it.)

I'll be deleting this new connected TD account and going back to manual entry/tracking.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.