Account disappeared in Quicken for a Vanguard retirement account

Options

I have linked my wife's Vanguard retirement account to Quicken.

The initial download accurately showed all her accounts (securities) within the retirement account.

One of the accounts is a stable value fund with no ticker symbol. When I updated the account in Quicken, that single account disappeared but all the rest are fine.

Any way to correct this?

Comments

• Airbusky
    Airbusky Member
    Options

This missing security comes and goes with each account update. It was back for a while but has disappeared again. When this problem occurred, I created a manual account for this security, which is always available on the Vanguard website. The security reappeared, so I deleted it. Now, I must keep a mental note about the security balance. There does not seem to be a fix for this problem.

• Airbusky
    Airbusky Member
    Options

After more investigation, I found the reason for the loss of value for the stable value fund in this retirement account.

The correct number of shares are being downloaded, and the stable value fund does not disappear. After updating the account, the share price goes to zero, leaving the balance at zero. I have to select the account, select the portfolio tab, and change the price from zero to $1.00, which is correct. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better than not having the right balance.

This discussion has been closed.