Needing third party assistance any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Options

Hi, I just 'inherited' the Treasurer position for an 84 year old family corporation. My cousin, who was managing ALL aspects of this corporation (father's side) and another family corporation (mother's side), was using a Windows version of Quicken.. He passed suddenly in June 2023. His daughter is both the only one with any functional access to her father's computer with the Quicken program and is a director of the other corporation. Multiple aspects of the two businesses AND personal are commingled.. including the Quicken (earliest bank entry is 1994) and such as attorney, credit cards, and billings. She is refusing to give me access to the Quicken program 'for reasons of confidentiality'.. I am looking for a third party who could separate out the two corporations and 'personal' leaving me a functioning Quicken program with history for only the one corporation to which I am accountable.

I would very much appreciate any ideas or referrals on how to find such a third party bookkeeper / accountant.

This discussion has been closed.