Amount cell background white instead of blueish (QMac 7.3 & 7.4)

Options
caram
caram Member ✭✭✭

When entering a new transaction and tabbing to the Amount cell, the cell background used to be blueish, but is now white since 7.3. This makes it difficult to detect whether the cursor is in the Amount cell. I often tab to further cells because my brain is hardwired to stopping when the blueish background appears.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Cmd-N to enter a new transaction
  2. Tab until the Amount cell is reached
  3. Amount cell background is white (it should be blueish)

Note that if you tab to the next field after Amount, and un-tab back, the Amount cell background is now blueish as it should be:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Two questions: 1) what version of macOS are you running? (2) have you checked macOS System Settings > Appearance > Highlight color to see if that's changed?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • pemfoo
    pemfoo Member
    Options

I'm getting the same behavior → no highlight of amount field when forward tabbing. Sometimes it gives a partial highlight. Always seems to fully highlight when back-tabbing. Quicken for mac 7.4.2, macOS Sonoma 14.2. Happened with previous os versions.

• RickO
    Options

I'm on the same versions of macOS and Quicken and I'm not seeing that issue. Sorry, no help here.

• pemfoo
    pemfoo Member
    Options

I've tried debugging a little. It seems to always work correctly with a simple category, i.e. "misc". It seems to mis-behave with subcategories and transfers. But I'm not 100% certain.

• RickO
    Options

I just checked several Transfer and subcategory transactions and could not replicate.

I'd suggest going to macOS Settings and change the highlight color. Then quit Settings and Quicken and then see if you can still reproduce the issue.

• pemfoo
    pemfoo Member
    Options

Changing the highlight color doesn't resolve the problem. Thanks for trying! Appreciate it.

Just for anyone else looking. The problem I see was there in Ventura and the previous releases of Quicken. I think it started about two Quicken updates back, maybe a month-ish.

• caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. I'm on Sonoma
    2. I don't think this is related to the System Settings, since shift-tab will does produce the correct highlight color.

This discussion has been closed.