How to stop Excel exports itemizing split transactions

Options
Kabboroo
Kabboroo Member ✭✭
edited January 4 in Reports (Windows)

I am working on a credit card account that cannot be reconciled. The account is 4+ years old, so checking line by line is not an option. I downloaded the transaction history from the credit card company (Excel). I planned on exporting the account transactions from Quicken to compare the two spreadsheets or use conditional formatting to identify the missing/erroneous transactions. But Quicken lists each category in transactions with split categories on separate lines instead of the total on a single line (see attached pics). How can I get the info out of Quicken and into Excel with the splits totaled?

Quicken Classic Deluxe

Windows

Best Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Have you tried modifying the report and on the "Display" tab unchecking the box ""show splits"? That should give you what you want.

Edit: This assumes you are exporting the register report rather than just exporting the register transactions.

• Kabboroo
    Kabboroo Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, bmciance!

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried modifying the report and on the "Display" tab unchecking the box ""show splits"? That should give you what you want.

Edit: This assumes you are exporting the register report rather than just exporting the register transactions.

• Kabboroo
    Kabboroo Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, bmciance!

This discussion has been closed.