Investment Registers

Options
JoelC
JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭

Quicken for Widows has the wonderful feature where I can make all the a/p, a/r, assets, checking, liability, and savings registers the same (i.e., setup one of them and then copy that setup to the others so that they are all perfectly identical)!

Is there a way to do this with the investment registers as I can not find this capability?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In way, one might say that the investment accounts don't need this feature. The reason is because you can't customize investment account registers individually. If for instance you change the column with of the Security column in one account and then go to another account, you will find that it is changed there too.

Also, if you look for the settings for whether to hide a certain field like the Attachments you will find that setting here:

Which is for all investment registers instead of being able to be changed in each of them.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Chris_QPW Awersome and thank you, exactly what I needed to know!

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

In way, one might say that the investment accounts don't need this feature. The reason is because you can't customize investment account registers individually. If for instance you change the column with of the Security column in one account and then go to another account, you will find that it is changed there too.

Also, if you look for the settings for whether to hide a certain field like the Attachments you will find that setting here:

Which is for all investment registers instead of being able to be changed in each of them.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Chris_QPW Awersome and thank you, exactly what I needed to know!

This discussion has been closed.