Single Check Printing Success

Options

HP 7740 with Quicken Deluxe for Mac version 6.12.7. I recently tried attaching the last check only from a 8-1/2 x 11" 3 check sheet to the top of a 8-1/2 x 11" plain sheet of paper with a little bit of scotch tape on each side and it WORKED! Basically, the printer thinks its printing one check of a full sheet. This technique is a little bit time consuming but it saves having to throw away the last check of a 3 check page when printing single checks. FYI, I'm not able to update my quicken to the latest version as my older iMac with not allow anymore updates. However, it still works great for now.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to use the selections for how to print a partial page in your printer?
    The settings to choose (e.g., horizontal vs. vertical feed) may depend on the make and model of printer that you use.

A sheet with two checks on it should feed as normal in Portrait mode using the Manual or Bypass tray.
    A short sheet with only 1 check left, if it doesn't feed in Portrait mode, may have to be rotated and aligned left or center (see the little images above)

As an alternative you can try to use form leaders to feed your printer with a proper 8.5x11" sheet while printing a partial 1- or 2-checks page in normal portrait orientation.
    See https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/fsg/businesschecks/formleaders.aspx for an example of form leaders. Check your local office supply store, search on the Internet or order from Intuit.

If your printer can't be made to correctly print partial pages with 1 or 2 checks left on the sheet …
    I use Voucher Checks (1 business size check + 2 stubs on an 8.5x11" sheet). My printers do not have a manual feed tray or 2nd paper tray that can easily be reconfigured to feed partial pages (1 or 2 checks left from a 3-checks-per-page sheet), so for my occasional check printing needs Voucher Checks are easiest to use.
    When making a purchase decision for a new supply of check forms and considering your own check stock to use, consider how easy or difficult it is to feed special forms or odd-size partial pages into your printer.

This discussion has been closed.