Cloud sync strips out split categories

Options

I have been a Quicken (now classic) on PC user for years.

I recently was trying out Simplifi web&app and Classic web.

Somehow, and to my dismay, I have discovered that after a cloud sync, some transactions that have split categories (not this quarter but then the previous 4 quarters) have had all split allocations stripped out. The transactions are still in the register but only the amount. Income transactions only have the net amount. Debits, the total only.

This is alarming because the ledgers look good, but when I go to generate reports, all the split categories during this period are empty.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• CeCe
    CeCe Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, experiencing something similar and wonder if it is related to the cloud sync. I may have done the cloud sync too, which I rarely do. How can I tell when I did a cloud sync?

I posted on a few other chats about this is very frustrating issue. My weekly payments are always split and have been for nearly two years. Suddenly, the splits have been removed (from previous transactions and current) and the category is now defaulted to [Account Name] as if it is a transfer. Yet, the transfer to/from account is the account the transaction is in. Who knows what else is missing that I haven't found yet….. I am trying to pull a backup file to restore it but the file and/or connection (during one step update) keep crashing Quicken.

• conwaynyc
    conwaynyc Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Desktop - mine is Windows - has a tab for Web sync. I think you have to set it up and select accounts that will sync. I used mine only to sync a cash account to use the phone app and record cash expenditures when I’m out. After Simplifi and the new Classic web apps were released earlier in November, I was interested in the budgeting features and wanted to try them out, so I synced my bank and cc accounts.

Last week, I was generating some end of year reports and realized about a year’s worth of splits were gone - on all accounts, so lots of info is missing. My choice was to get on with support - which would take hours or days, or find a backup (I had to go back 4 months) that had not been corrupted and rebuild the split transactions. I did that for this year’s transaction and will go further back when I have the time.

I’ve been a Quicken user for decades, sticking with it because it was solid, so this really surprised me. I’ve turned off all web updates and if I ever set it up again, it will be only for a cash account. I’m sticking with Quicken desktop. The web apps are not reliable.

ps I also think there is a ‘online’ preferences in the tool tab where you can check your settings.

• CeCe
    CeCe Member ✭✭
    Options

4 months is a lot of transactions to re-do. I feel your pain. This is really inconvenient.

I believe I traced my issue back to on or before 11/19/23 because that backup version seems fine. Unfortunately though, I can no longer download transactions from my banks. I've tried multiple files, including the most recent one where the issue started, and it still won't connect and then crashes after about 10 mins of trying. My next attempt is to uninstall and reinstall Quicken and see if I can open the file I know to be correct from 11/19, then try downloading transactions.

This discussion has been closed.