Wells Fargo Downloads (Credit card trans) are again missing.

Options
Bob@53
Bob@53 Member ✭✭

Why can't Quicken and Wells Fargo get it together? . ONCE AGAIN, the download ("update") of transactions from the Wells credit card are missing transactions in the Quicken ledger. It had been a problem in the past, but for several months it has been OK. But this month it started again. Transactions from Nov 7th to Nov. 16th (about 15 transactions) didn't get downloaded. GRRRR!

I'm hoping to do a manual export of just those transactions from the Wells site and then import them into the ledger. Wish me luck. In the past this too has been problematic. ARRRG! Might have to add them manuall (From the paper statement) DOUBLE ARRG.

This seems to be a periodic problem. Very frustration. Wells blames Quicken, QUicken blames Wells and I get to clean up their mess.

Comments

• Bob@53
    Bob@53 Member ✭✭
    Options

Great. Exported transactions for that date range from the Wells Credit card account. It created the needed .QFX file. No problem.

https://help.quicken.com/display/WIN/Importing%2Bfiles%2Bfrom%2Byour%2Bbank

Per the above, then went into Quicken, the credit card ledger, and executed the "Import transactions." It asked to select the downloaded .QFX file which was created. Thought I was home free. But, alas, no such luck. It reported back that "0" transactions had been imported. True. No changes or additions were made to the ledger.

So, using my paper statement (Which does have all the non-downloaded transactions) I'll have to manually create all of teh 15 or so tranasactionsl.

Good grief. What a cluster. 😓

• swimraft
    swimraft Member ✭✭
    Options

I believe I have similar problem. Two transactions in my register went missing. I know I had them entered because one was actually a Check pay transaction and it had cleared the bank. I decided to again download the missing transactions from Wells Fargo and selected a date range that should include them. I tried to import them, but no downloaded transactions appeared within Quicken. In the past, they appeared nearly instantaneously. I tried importing the QFX file, right clicking the QFX file and opening with Quicken, and Double Clicking the QFX file. I then opened the QFX file with WordPad and found the transaction. So, it appears the transactions are downloading but not being recognized by Quicken Business and Personal R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26 on Windows 11.

• Bob@53
    Bob@53 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

" but not being recognized by Quicken Business and Personal R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26 on Windows 11."

Probably a similar issue [Edited - Language]. But Quicken needs to fix this. It's not acceptable that transactions downloaded from Wells (or any other account) can't be reliably reflected in the Quicken ledgers. [Edited - Readability]

• Chuck666
    Chuck666 Member
    Options

Same problem with Wells Fargo. Also no longer able to update from a credit union; had to totally disable.

Seems like Quicken Classic has become the neglected stepchild in the Quicken family of products.

• Bob@53
    Bob@53 Member ✭✭
    edited January 6
    Options

Goods news. Today's download of the December Wells Credit Card transactions completed without error. That is, all tranctions downloaded into the Quicken registry. There where were NO missing transactions. 😀 Yeah!

If transactions start missing again, I'LL BE BACK. This isn't the first time I thought the issue was fixed, only for it to show up again. Hopefully, this will be my last posting on this stupid (on their part), irritating (to me) problem .

This discussion has been closed.