Car loan "type" is "liability" and not "loan"

Options
Rob Price
Rob Price Member ✭✭

Today I was just instructed via email to change my Wells Fargo account due to a Quicken change with the way they now sync. The Quicken account set up long ago used to have a nice graph showing when it would be paid off, like other loans I have do. And the account "type" was "loan." After I did what I was supposed to do, the account stayed the same and would still sync, but the graph showed a huge arch to it, jumping up the loan to $100K, and then it sharply came down to what it should be. Ugly. So I deleted the account, and re-established it, but no matter what I do I get a register and not the graph, and the account "type" is "liability." I have deleted and recreated the account a half dozen times, trying different things, but it doesn't matter. The way that ought to work is to create an account, Connected Account, type in Wells Fargo and select that bank, then accept Express Web Connect, then it directs me to sign in to Wells Fargo, I do so, answer the questions, and it directs me back to Quicken, I follow all the prompts, and it creates the account. But not as a loan with a graph, but as a liability with a register. I am very frustrated.

Comments

• Wolfcastle
    Options

I have the same issue. Would be nice to be able to modify the account type by hand if need be.

This discussion has been closed.