System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Wells Fargo Reauthorize Doesn't Work

Comments

• chetnnae
    chetnnae Member
    Options

I am also having problems with Wells Fargo. beginning balance was wrong, told me accounts were not active and I need to reactivate it, accounts missing, nothing will activate/reactivate. Wells Fargo website from browser works fine. Quicken chat says it is a Wells Fargo issue. I'm not so sure.

• Pouchon
    Pouchon Member
    Options

The reauthorization works for me, I however have to re-link the accounts, but the download changes my balances (paychecks are missing). I've had to Restore my backup file 3-times since Dec 1st.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @chetnnae,

I can see that you reached out to Support again on the 4th. Were they able to help you resolve the issues?

Hello @Pouchon,

Do the paycheck transactions go missing only when you reauthorize your Wells Fargo accounts, or is there anything else that triggers this behavior? You mentioned you've had to restore from a backup 3 times. Did the 3rd time get it to finally work, or is the issue still persisting?

I look forward to your responses!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J in TX
    J in TX Member ✭✭
    Options

After going through the reauthorization of my Wells Fargo account and reconnecting it to my account, the update changed my balance and showed a difference of thousands of dollars from the actual balance. I restored from a backup, tried it again, and it made the same errors. What is going on?

• jgklopfe
    jgklopfe Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem this morning. I working with Quicken support to fix. I suggest calling customer support for help. A tech named Wagner walked me through several steps. I am at the stage of trying again but not sure if I should use Web Connect or Direct Connect. Does anyone have any suggestions? Not sure if Wells Fargo charges for Direct Connect. That is what is used for Wells Fargo Brokerage accounts and I don't think there are any added fees.

• jgklopfe
    jgklopfe Member ✭✭
    Options

I think there may be a solution for account balances being way off after the Wells Fargo reauthorization. I worked with someone named Diego at Quicken customer support to troubleshoot a problem with my bank balances being way off after I had completed the reauthorization. Diego was very helpful. Diego and I spend over an hour via share screen trying different things to figure out the problem. Diego finally solved the dilemma. For whatever reason, it seems after the reauthorization update, the very first "Opening Balance" transactions in each of my Well Fargo existing linked bank accounts got changed from $0.00 to some funky random value anywhere from $-23K to $+31K.

Possible Solution: Check your old back up pre-update "Opening Balance"s for each Wells Fargo account and record it. It should be the first transaction. All of mine were each $0. If the balances are off after the reauthorization updates, go to the first (ie. the "Opening Balance") transaction and change to the value back to the value recorded from the backup. No idea how the "Opening Balance" transactions for all my Wells Fargo bank accounts got corrupted but they were. Don't worry if you are editing a reconciled transaction, just ignore the warning and change the "Opening Transaction" for each account to what they were before the reauthorization. Hope this helps. Post if this solution works for you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @J in TX and @jgklopfe,

Since the Opening Balance is a calculated value in Quicken, there is a risk of that balance changing when an account is reconnected, especially when reconnected via a new connection method. What I've seen the Super Users recommend is putting the correct Opening Balance for the account in the memo column of the Opening Balance transaction. Then, if you reauthorize and see that your balances are incorrect, you can easily verify the Opening Balance, and correct it if it's wrong.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J in TX
    J in TX Member ✭✭
    Options

That worked. Shame on Wells Fargo for allowing such a glitch.

This discussion has been closed.