Truist HELOC Issues

Options
Bione
Bione Member ✭✭✭

I am checking to see if anyone else has this issue. I do not think it is a Quicken issue. Their accounts are now called Constant Credit. When adding it opens up multiple accounts (3) in Quicken (Two different Constant Credits ending in [Removed- Personal Information] and one Access Line Summary [Removed- Personal Information]). In any case when adding the account, the amount owed is correct. But I never see any added interest amounts are when a payment is made any additional transaction updates. I did notice that the payee in the checking account payment part of the transaction started with "ONLINE TO [Removed- Personal Information]" a totally different number. I called Truist and tried to explain this. Not sure what will happen.

Comments

• Bione
    Bione Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The Truist online care agent actually called me back to tell me that this is not supported at Truist. When you open the Quicken account for this it will get the current balance. But, no further transactions will be shown to this type of account.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Until (if ever) they figure out how to properly support a HELOC, I would suggest you maintain this account as an "Offline" (not connected for transaction downloading) Credit Card account.
    OK, so you'll have to record interest and other fee transactions manually, based on the monthly statement or the bank's website. But the transfer of your monthly principal amount payment from your checking account, if recorded as a Scheduled Transfer Reminder will appear automatically, saving you half the work.

This discussion has been closed.