Can the Bills & Income be used with connected accounts?

Options

Converted back to Quicken and the Bills & Income feature is like the scheduled transaction feature in other financial software.

I am trying to wrap my head around that if I have all my accounts download activity, the bills & income activity does not match to the download and I find myself deleting (or skipping) the month's bill. I must be doing something wrong, would like to see the snapshot of what is due without the added leg work

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you saying you have a scheduled transaction and the corresponding download doesn't match with it, so you end up with duplicate transactions? And so you delete one of them? If that's the case, don't delete one. Drag one on top of the other which will cause a manual match. Quicken should learn from this and get better at auto matching them in the future. Hint: in the account register, click the tiny clock icon in the upper right corner to control how far in the future scheduled transactions are displayed. If you don't want to, you don't really need to use the Bills & Income page at all. You can do it all in the register.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you saying you have a scheduled transaction and the corresponding download doesn't match with it, so you end up with duplicate transactions? And so you delete one of them? If that's the case, don't delete one. Drag one on top of the other which will cause a manual match. Quicken should learn from this and get better at auto matching them in the future. Hint: in the account register, click the tiny clock icon in the upper right corner to control how far in the future scheduled transactions are displayed. If you don't want to, you don't really need to use the Bills & Income page at all. You can do it all in the register.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.