Issues with PSECU accounts

Options

I have not been able to update my PSECU accounts via the One Step Update in well over a year, in fact I let my subscription lapse and just recently reinstated it hoping the problem had been solved. Whenever I try to update, Quicken stops responding and I have to close the program. This has happened probably 100 times. If I try to change the method of update to Direct it stops responding. If I try to deactivate one of my PSECU accounts it stops responding. If I choose "improve connection" for one of my accounts it states I need to upgrade to a "Direct Connect" but when I try to do that, it either doesn't respond or I get a message that other accounts are set differently so it cannot be changes. The whole thing is very frustrating. If PSECU cannot be connected for One Step Update, I will look for a Quicken refund and try a different service. I am hoping someone can help. I have tried validating and super validating. Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just for clarification - is this your CU - https://www.psecu.com/
    Which downloading method have your tried ?

06890 06890 06890 PSECU
    https://www.psecu.com/ 1-800-237-7328
    https://homebank.psecu.com/Login/Login.aspx ACTIVE
    ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Julie15
    Julie15 Member
    Options

Thank you for your response.

Yes, PSECU is the correct credit union.

I am trying to do One Step Update, but it always causes my computer to freeze with my PSECU accounts. The connection method is set up as Express Web Connect, although Quicken recommends it be changed to Direct. When I try to change it to Direct, I get a message that it must match what my other accounts are and the freezing issue happens, so I am not able to change the method.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

what kind of accounts -

as only certain methods support certain types of accounts as displayed above

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Julie15
    Julie15 Member
    Options

The accounts that seem to be causing things to standard bank accounts - checking etc.

I'm not sure I understand the different ways your reference accounts in your first response above - can you clarify it for me?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

each of the Quicken downloading protocols per financial institution only support certain types of account types -
    like here, you need to use Express Web Connect to be able to download a Credit Card account

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Julie15
    Julie15 Member
    Options

I see, but it's not clear to me what type of accounts goes with each of these. Except that credit goes with Exp-Web-Connect. But where would checking, savings, money market or vacation type accounts go with?

ACCOUNTINFO,BANKING&DIRECT
    BANKING&WEB-CONNECT
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

banking

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Julie15
    Julie15 Member
    Options

Still not clear to me, as all three options list banking.

This discussion has been closed.