Quicken Authorization of USAA accounts

Options
TRoth
TRoth Member ✭✭

I am using Quicken Premier (subscription) for Windows 10 on VMWare Fusion All up to date!. I have had to reauthorize my USAA accounts multiple times and the last time I tried the system won't log on to USAA. The following window pops up when I enter my User ID on the USAA Sign In page:

"We are unable to complete your request

Our system is currently unavailable

Please try again later"

Log On

This has been going on for a week . Any ideas??

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TRoth,

To troubleshoot this issue, which browser are you using in that virtual machine? Are you able to login to USAA's site directly through the default browser in the virtual machine? This tests to see if the issue is happening only when getting redirected by Quicken or if it's a more universal issue. Have you tried temporarily setting a different default browser? Trying a different browser can help if the issue is being caused by a setting, plug in, or extension in the browser. Have you tried reconnecting at a different time of day? That can help if the issue is being caused by USAA restricting traffic at business times of day.

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭
    Options

I have both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I am unable to sign in using either browser. I have tried both browsers, I have cleared the cookies and history in both, ands nothing works. I have tried logging in multiple times on multiple days at different times. I even changed my USAA password and PIN and it didn't work.

In the mean time all works well on the Mac side of the computer.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

From what you describe, it sounds like there is something happening in the virtual machine that isn't happening on the main computer. Are you using any antivirus, firewall, or VPN in the virtual machine? Sometimes those can interfere with communication. Some anti-virus software also has a "safe banking" feature that pulls anything it sees as a banking session into a customer browser, without regard to what your default browser is. If you use an anti-virus that has that feature, I'd recommend making sure it's off or temporarily paused while authorizing with the financial institution.

Since you mention this started about a week ago, was there anything that changed around the same time this issue started, such as a software update?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• TRoth
    TRoth Member ✭✭
    Options

Go figure! I tried today and it all worked. Very frustrating. I didn't do anything. Either Quicken or USAA fixed the glitch.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

I'm glad to hear it's working now. It's possible that it was a temporary issue or that an update corrected the problem.

Please feel free to reach out if you need further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.