Where do I locate software that will be compatible with my last 10 years of Quicken files?

Options

I purchased a new computer, but lost my Quicken software. Looking to find software which will accept my stored Quicken files.

Answers

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Login on Quicken.com

Under my account you can re-download the software you are subscribed.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

well, what version were you using ?

Why do you mention “files” - do you have more than one main Quicken QDF file ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What version were you using? Were you using any online services like downloading transactions? If you buy the newest version it should convert your data files. If they are very old you may need to go though one or more older programs to get converted to the current version. If you are using a version older than 2013 you need to first convert it to an intermediate version or two. Quicken can give you an intermediate program to help you. See this…..
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

You only need to go though an intermediate version if you are using a version older than 2004.

If your versions was older than 2013 you can install 2013 Deluxe for free. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009. Click on the blue words Quicken 2013 for Windows in step 3. You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.