TODAY Wells Fargo downloads are overriding all my entries

Options

Today, Wells Fargo downloads overrode all previous entries where it matched dollars automatically.

I DO NOT HAVE automatically add selected under Edit/preferences but today when I sync'd with Wells Fargo it overrode ALL entries!!! Erased my splits on paychecks, renamed payees, deleted categories. What a mess all the way back to November 1. I'm very detailed with payees and categories this is going to be a lot of work

Any advice??!! I use Quicken Classic on Windows desktop current/active subscription

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Restore a recent backup file.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• HendricksTM
    HendricksTM Member ✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Thank you, I did go ahead and restore. But now what, it will happen again. Thinking it's something new with Wells Fargo/Quicken updated connection

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

It might happen, again, but it might not. I updated WF checking and credit card accounts to the new EWC+ connection method last week and it completed without any issues. Maybe I was lucky but I've seen posts by others saying they did not have any issues doing so, as well, although there have been a few others who said they had encountered some issues, too. The issue you experienced, however, is perhaps the most extreme that I've heard of to-date. The point I am trying to make is that there is no consistent pattern and the next time you try doing this you will likely see a different result.

In addition, there is nothing I know of that can be done to proactively prevent issues from occurring during this EWC+ transition.

So I suggest that you try updating to EWC+, again, and see what happens. You have the backup file you can always restore, again, if there should be another issue encountered, again.

A few things you might want to do before trying to do the transition to EWC+ again:

1. Enter and save the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction. Do that for each WF account you have. Sometimes (not always) when changing the connection method of an account the dollar amount of the Opening Balance transaction will get changed. By entering/saving it beforehand in the Memo field it makes is very easy to identify and correct.
    2. Double check your Preferences to make sure they still show that Downloaded Transactions are not to be automatically entered into the register.
    3. Back up your data file.

Also, during the transition process: When you are prompted to decide what to do with the downloaded data, carefully review the popup to make sure that everything shown is accurate. Inaccuracies need to be corrected before proceeding.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.