Import and Convert Old (2010) Microsoft Money Data To Latest Quicken Version

Options

I've been using Quicken since 2010 and absolutely love it. I used Microsoft Money for several years prior. Today I just found some old Microsoft Money .mbf files. Can I still download a version of MS Money today and use my old 2010 .mbf files to set up MS Money & then import and convert that data to the latest version of Quicken? I use Windows 11 now but also have a computer running Windows 10. Do any of you recommend or not recommend adding the old Money data to Quicken? Any tips or suggestions to facilitate the process?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

About MS Money conversion

Any currently supported version of Quicken for Windows (Deluxe or higher feature level
    required) will directly import a MS Money data file into the currently open
    Quicken data file (File menu / File Import / MS Money File) , but
    - the MS Money file must have been opened at least once with MS Money Plus
    Sunset Edition (V 17) so it's converted to the latest file format.
    - you MUST have MS Money Plus Sunset Edition installed on the same computer
    that Quicken runs on.
    - unless fixed, MS Money will not run on Windows 10 (see below). If you have a
    computer running Vista, 7, 8 or 8.1 (but NOT XP) use it for the conversion.
    - close MS Money before trying to convert the file with Quicken.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-importconvert-my-microsoft-money-work-quicken-windows

If you need to download MS Money Plus Sunset Deluxe or Home & Business go to

MS MoneySunset Editions - QuicknPerlWiz

Caveat: MS Money does not run under Windows 10 unless you apply this fix:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/use-microsoft-money-on-windows-10
    I have no idea what side effects this fix might have on future Windows Updates …

If you want to convert to Quicken, create a new, empty Quicken file first, then be sure to keep those old Money files in separate Quicken data files.
    If you can make Money work on either Windows 10 or 11, use it to work with the old files, without converting Quicken

This discussion has been closed.