Security reconciliation error between Ameriprise online data and what Quicken downloads

Options
wpc09
wpc09 Member ✭✭
edited January 12 in Investing (Windows)

This is a new one for me. My Ameriprise advisor carried out several sells and buy on the same day. The purchase was for 900 shares of TLT. My value in Quicken was off the online report by several thousand dollars. I discovered that Quicken had downloaded the transaction for TLT as a purchase of 900 shares of SHY. I revised the downloaded transaction to be for the equivalent number of TLT shares. But now Quicken's "Reconcile Shares" shows an error because Ameriprise continues to incorrectly report to Quicken that I have 900 shares of SHY rather than the correct TLT. Using a placeholder simply reverts everything to the incorrect state, so I have them marked as ignore. I have informed my Ameriprise advisor that Ameriprise is reporting incorrectly to Quicken.

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Those are both US Treasury Bond ETFs for different sets of US treasuries. Do you currently own both ETFs?

Rather than Ameriprise reporting them incorrectly, I suspect they are mis-matched within Quicken.

Backup your data file.

Edit the Security Detail for the TLT security? Does it show it "Matched with online security"? If so, uncheck the box. Make sure the Ticker symbol is correct and the name is unique (distinct from the SHY security).

Edit the Security Detail for the SHY security? Does it show it "Matched with online security"? If so, uncheck the box.

From the transactions list for the account select the option to "Reconcile Shares". You should get the opportunity to match the broker's reported TLT holding to your TLT security in Quicken.

• wpc09
    wpc09 Member ✭✭
    Options

Perfect answer. I had just never run into this before. Everything is fine now.

This discussion has been closed.