Importing Quicken Mac 2007 to Mac Classic subscription

Options
Sanjaydad
Sanjaydad Member

Hello,

I have been using Quicken for years and want to be able to import my existing Quicken for Mac 2007 data file into Mac Classic subscription.

If I read the FAQ correctly, it states that current Mac Classic CAN import a Quicken 2007 datafile.

However, the way I read the conversion instructions it seems that both should be installed on the same computer before converting the data file. Before I move forward I want to make sure that I only need the Quicken Mac 2007 datafile and the Mac Classic application on the same computer in order to convert the file. Is that correct?

Because I do not have a way of running both applications, Quicken Mac 2007 and Mac Classic, on the same Mac. The system requirements do not have any overlap to my knowledge.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Before I move forward I want to make sure that I only need the Quicken Mac 2007 datafile and the Mac Classic application on the same computer in order to convert the file. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct. It's sometimes helpful if you are able to have Quicken 2007 on one computer and modern Quicken Classic on another — in case you run into any problems with the data conversion. But it's not required, and most times, the data conversion works fine.

(It's technically possible to run the current Quicken Mac Classic and Quicken 2007 on a Mac running macOS Mojave. Not all the features in Quicken Classic are available on Mojave, but it works. However, this is not recommended for multiple reasons, as Mojave isn't supported or patched by Apple, and current Quicken isn't officially supported on Mojave. I only mention it because this can be a useful bridge for some people.)

Are you moving computers or updating the operating system on your current Mac? I do suggest you rebuild the transaction indexes in Quicken 2007 — Command-Option-B — before you do the conversion to Quicken Classic. If you are moving from one computer to another, I also suggest making your Quicken 2007 data file a compressed .zip file — in the Finder, File > Compress — before moving it from one Mac to another. And never move a Quicken 2007 data file to a flash drive which isn't formatted in HFS+ format.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.