Problem after updating Wells Fargo accounts in Quicken to "WF Bank Connection Method"

Options
BatmanAZ
BatmanAZ Member ✭✭

I'm using Windows 11. Quicken is R53.26

I have several bank accounts at Wells Fargo.

I was not on Direct Connect, so understood that I had to Reauthorize my accounts with WF.

I did that. Initially, it seemed the only problem was that Quicken was trying to associate either new or different existing accounts in Quicken with my WF accounts. I was able to navigate that problem by choosing to associate the WF account with the CORRECT existing WF account in Quicken.

A second issue I encountered related to our Home Equity Loan account. I had pre-posted $1,200 worth of credits that will post later this month (well after today's "Reauthorization").

Quicken seems to have used the balance that is on my Quicken account for 12/31/2023 and compared it with the balance at WF as of today. The WF account of course does not reflect the transactions I've pre-posted to the Quicken account since they've not been submitted to the bank yet. Unfortunately, Quicken automatically posted a $1,200 debit to increase today's loan balance in my Quicken account so the 12/31/2023 ENDING balance will agree with the WF balance today.

Why is Quicken jumping ahead to consider transactions posted to Quicken? Also, why is Quicking automatically posting a reconciling entry (erroneously)?

Thanks for any help!

This discussion has been closed.