Expired Options - E*Trade

Options
slewkowicz
slewkowicz Member ✭✭
edited January 13 in Investing (Windows)

I'm on Quicken Classic Deluxe for Windows 11, R53.26. I have a minor annoyance regarding the treatment of expired options that are downloaded from E*Trade. All expired options transactions are downloaded; however, any long transactions, such as long calls or long puts are downloaded as cover short. This creates a net negative entry in my account, and I have to correct these transactions by changing them to sold.

I haven't covered with this support as yet because I'm not sure they would understand. Can anyone help me understand why this cannot be corrected easily during the download. When I've scanned the transactions from E*Trade, the action is very clear, yet all expired transactions are treated as covering a short position. This should be easy to recognize. Any suggestions other than continuing as I have to correct the positions?

This situation has been continuing for the last several years ever since I started trading options. At this point it's just a nuisance, but I would really like to have this done automatically.

Comments

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Those transactions are sent from the broker and many times incorrectly. Quicken just processes the transaction.

Realistically, the only solution is to manually fix it.

(ETrade gets most transactions coded correctly compared to others like Merrill etc..)

This discussion has been closed.