How to ensure imported transactions use cash from account and not from a/c cash balance

Options
Qkn Premium
Qkn Premium Member ✭✭
edited January 14 in Reports (Windows)

I am trying to import several years worth of 401k transactions from Fidelity into Quicken Premier and ensure imported imported transactions use cash from account and not from a/c cash balance.

When I do import it, by default it uses the cash from the accounts balance which would mean I have to manually change the setting in the 'Use cash for this transaction' box for several hundreds of transactions which can be tedious at the best.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which other account are you pointing to? Your checking account?

If I remember my old 401k transactions correctly, 401k contributions were part of my paychecks' deductions and/or employer contributions. Appropriate transfer transactions appeared in the 401k account register, adding to the account's cash balance. When the 401k account manager purchased mutual fund shares for each contribution, the transaction was correctly withdrawn from the account's cash balance.

Why do you need to change that? Are your paychecks not set up correctly?

• Qkn Premium
    Qkn Premium Member ✭✭
    Options

@UKR Actually have not setup paychecks at all in Quicken as IRA and 401k account transactions when downloaded from Fidelity over the years have always used cash from the accounts balance. These transactions show up a 'BoughtX' and 'SoldX' in the action column for that account. However it is not the case when I import transactions for my current employer.

This discussion has been closed.