missing manually entered Transactions??

Options

are there others who hand enter transactions into quicken, and then when it comes time to reconcile, you find the receipt you entered manually is missing from QUICKEN… this happens to me at least once a week. its very very frustrating and time consuming to go back to find the receipt and then re-enter it.. [Removed - Profanity]

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Could be lots of reasons. Did you save the transaction after entering it? Maybe you typed the date wrong so it's missing in the right place? Try sorting by order entered which is handy when doing a lot of entries. While in a register, click on "Account Actions", select "Sorting Options", select "by order entered".

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• MichaelKlich
    MichaelKlich Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have double checked my work and I always make sure i save it. I know there are many things that could make it look like that, but i am super careful now, I am watching every transaction, saving it, double checking its there… resorting or going to the ALL-TRANSACTIONS screen with further dates and searching for the payee. I am entering it, just for some reason, it disappears, and it's very frustrating.. This has been happening for about the past year. i am pretty regular to keeping my Quicken up to date so to hopefully this issue gets fixed. [Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive] Thanks for you comments…
    Michael

• theDavid
    theDavid Member
    Options

Quicken is gaslighting me also. This happens to my checking account - the most transactions, the most pain. Often on automatic transfers to other accounts I can find the transaction in the 'other' account, but when I tell it "Go to matching transfer" I get an error - "the account no longer exists in quicken" which is obviously untrue. I frequently have to reset reminder dates as they get skipped. Then quicken will automatically enter future transactions (just this morning - next week's paycheck). Or a single piece of my paycheck - say my HSA contribution as a separate line entry. Despite both the account and the global preference prohibiting autonnatic entries. Or Quicken will decide that a current transaction is already reconciled - usually causing my starting balance to be off. Sadly, I have yet to find an alternative product that covers all of the features that I use in Quicken. At least they try. They fail, but they try. And yes, I now keep a separate log file so I know what I have and have not entered. Buggy, Buggy, Buggy.

This discussion has been closed.