T Rowe Price Update transactions are applied against a different version of fund. Cusip id wrong

Options

T Rowe Price had upgraded my account from regular shares to I Class shares. The transaction update continued to identify the security as the regular security, not the i Class shares.

Every time I did the download I would have to individually edit the new transactions to add the i Class Security.

The problem was that the cusip id for the regular shares and the cusip id for the new shares were the same.

The solution was to uncheck the box in the Edit Security Details window "Matched with online security" for the regular shares.

Next perform "Update Transactions" for the new i Class security. This will apply the correct cusip id to the i Class security.

Check that the problem is fixed by running "Reconcile Shares" from the i Class Security account window.

You should get a message "Your Quicken account and your Brokerage Holdings are in agreement"

I had to perform this cycle for every account in my T Rowe Price portfolio.

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most likely avoiding the problem required you to use the Mutual Fund Conversion action (Enter Transaction button) prior to downloading from TRP immediately after the change. If there are currently issues with the cost basis of lots, it might be appropriate to reset and take that conversion step.

If you are now happy with what you have and are getting, well done.

This discussion has been closed.