Unable to open data file on primary computer

Options
forseti
forseti Member ✭✭

Everytime that I try to open Quicken Classic on my desktop computer it immediately closes out of the program and wants to send error report. I have uninstalled the program, restarted the computer, and then reinstalled the program using the file found at quicken.com.

I am able to open the same data file on my tablet using Quicken Classic (R53.26). I copy the file from one device to the other before attempting to open it. I have validated and super validated the file with no errors found.

I thought maybe it was the file itself. However, the desktop does the same no matter what data file I attempt to open. I have archive files from previous years and was in on of those files a couple of says ago, now can not get in it.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @forseti,

Due to the nature of this issue and the troubleshooting steps you have already tried, we suggest contacting Quicken Support directly as an escalation may be in order.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Exactly what "tablet" do you have - as it needs to be running Windows -
    and what version of Windows on the desktop ?
    and what version is on the "tablet" ?

I am able to open the same data file on my tablet using Quicken Classic (R53.26).

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• forseti
    forseti Member ✭✭
    Options

The desktop is running Windows 11 Home version 23H2 installed on 10/6/22. The tablet is a Microsoft Surface running Windows 11 Home version 22H2 installed on 12/20/2022.

This discussion has been closed.