Cash Balance in Brokerage not the same in ........

Options

how come in quicken, my brokerage account Register cash balance does not match the Account Overview cash balance in Register for the same date.

it the same amount as a stock purchase that came out of balance on register but not in the Account over view. The day before it was correct.

Comments

• looker13
    looker13 Member
    Options

If I do a adjust account balance both balances drop. It is always off the same amount

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is there possibly a placeholder transaction also involved with the purchased security? If so, delete the placeholder and enter the correct transactions to address the discrepancy.

• looker13
    looker13 Member
    Options

Just did that and error is still there Only good thing is that it is a small amount to round off a dividend re-investment to next 10th (.1) of a share. Meaning I got a re-investment that gave me a share balance of XXX.352591 so I bought more fractional shares to give me XXX.4 shares. The money left account ledger but not the Overview.

I even did a search for the amount and only one that shows up it the recent buy last week.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why did you buy more shares (all be it a small fraction of one 0.047409) and for what price and total amount? I would have simply edited each transaction to round the shares count to the 0.1 precision. Actually I choose to make sure they are 0.001 share precise.

This discussion has been closed.