Investment Performance - the Gain and ROI numbers are wrong (edit)

Options
heftydude
heftydude Member
edited January 21 in Investing (Windows)

where can I actually email Quicken Support when this type of egregious error occurs? They need to know…

Tagged:

Comments

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How is the Gain/Loss % wrong? 49.557 shares x $150.21/sh = $7,439.50 current market value. Divide that by the $5,135 cost basis to get 1.4403%. Thus, 44% of the current value is gain.

ROI? What is the Amount Invested? Likely not the cost basis. In a portfolio view, you can customize to include that column. What is the time period for the calculation? See Options / Preferences for that view.

• heftydude
    Options

I wasn't saying the Gain is wrong (a moderator edited my topic), but the ROI is wrong (if not wrong then very unhelpful). These current positions have been held almost exactly one year. The cost basis is the original investment amount. You are on to something with the Amount Invested. This account is managed by a wealth advisor and they have been in and out of those positions over the years. Maybe the ROI is the sum total of time and money in and out of that one position? I notice that they don't do an ROI on the individual lot.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To force the portfolio view calculations to start when the most recent lots were acquired, click on the gear at the top right of the view and select Portfolio preferences. Next to Show return calculations from: set the date to 12/29/22.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.