Vanguard Brokerage Account Won't Download

Options
taffeys
taffeys Member ✭✭✭

Windows Quicken Version R53.26

Starting a month or two ago one of my Vanguard retirement accounts failed to download. Went through the disconnect-reconnect process several times but Quicken kept trying to connect to two incorrect account numbers. Quicken connects fine to the other Vanguard account with the correct Vanguard account information..

Today spent time chatting with Tech Support and was told Quicken is aware of this issue and to check here for an update.

Please provide any additional information here as your team works through this problem.

Thank you,

Quicken Subscription Deluxe Version R56.9 Build 27.1.56.9
Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 Build 22000.2538

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @taffeys,

Would you mind sharing the ticket number that was given to you during your Support interaction? This is so that I may look further into the issue that you are experiencing.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

I was not given a ticket number. I was told Quicken was aware of the issue and at the time there was no resolution yet. I was also told that any further actions on my or Quicken's part might cause more problems with my account. I have seen a few more such issues reported here with Vanguard. You should escalate on your side.

Sorry,

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just ran accross this on the Vanguard website. I'll need to find out my original Vanguard account number and go from there. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

You're about to leave Vanguard's website.

Vanguard isn't responsible for content on other companies' websites.

If you are not automatically redirected, click on the link below to proceed.

https://www.quicken.com/support

*Please note that if you're a Vanguard Brokerage client, you'll need to continue using your original alphanumeric account number with Quicken and Money software.

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Update,

Since Vanguard was closed for the holiday I could not get the original Vanguard alphanumeric account number. So I decided to create a new Vanguard account in Quicken. After backing up my Quicken file I created a new Vanguard investment account with the two account numbers Quicken found and imported the transaction histories. One account was empty and the other had transaction history that matched the existing account data. I was also able to see the original Vanguard alphanumeric account number. Then I deleted the "new" Vanguard account and then went to "Tools", "Account List", the Vanguard Account, "Edit", and "Account Details" and added the original account number. Then I went to the "Online Services" tab and then hit "Reset Account", then chose the active account and continued. The latest transactions were captured.

The only issue is now with Dividends; only "ReinvDiv" entries are shown and not the "Div" entries as shown on Vanguard. I see in history that Dividend Paid transactions used to be logged in Quicken but at some point they stopped. Is there any way to have Quicken log the Dividend Paid transactions?

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There should be no effective difference between a DIV transaction & a subsequent Bought transaction and a ReinvDiv transaction. It's just one transaction versus two. It is determined by the financial institution. It could be that you only had one distribution paid on that day. I've noticed that when I have two or more distributions on the same day in one of my Fidelity accounts, they generate one transaction for each dividend, short term capital gain, etc., and then a final Bought transaction for the total amount.

• paladin52
    paladin52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem getting connected to Vanguard. For a while it was hit or miss, sometimes I'd get a connection but lately it's been unsuccessful. This is the error message I get:

Care Code: FDP-105

Details:
    FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE
    URL. Service is temporarily unavailable

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

Sorry, you are NOT having the same problem I had with one of our Vanguard accounts. I was just able to update our accounts on Quicken and was able to access our accounts directly online without any problems. Please create a new post here or call Tech Support to escalate your issue..

• taffeys
    taffeys Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is not the same problem I had. Please escalate your issue with a new post or contact Support with your issue.

• paladin52
    paladin52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok, got it. Sorry to bother. I'll post as a new issue. Support did not respond to me; it's why I posted here.

This discussion has been closed.