BMO Not Detecting All Accounts

Options

Hello,

I am trying to add all my BMO accounts (new user). I have a savings, a chequing, and 2 mastercards. When I enter my debit card and password, the system only detects my chequing account. The savings and credit cards do not appear on the list.

I tried using some of the other BMO banking options on the list and none seem to work either. They keep telling me that my password is incorrect.

Hopefully there is a workaround for this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Chris9876,

Have you contacted BMO for further assistance and to inquire about which accounts they have allowed for automatic downloads? Requesting a tier 2 agent or supervisor is recommended as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications like Quicken.

Also, you may need to navigate to BMO's website and allow your accounts for third-party access (or something along those lines).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• avdimond
    avdimond Member
    Options

I have the same issue. In addition the chequing account that is recognized downloads all the transactions as negatives (possibly because it assumes it is a credit account, because it asked me to enter a credit card number when logging in).

I spoke with the bank, but they say everything is correct on their end. I have used mint.com for years and have exactly the same account, but with mint it all works flawlessly, so I don't think the issue is on BMO's end. Why does Quicken as me to enter a credit card number in the first place, when all accounts with BMO are only linked to debit cards (according to the BMO representative)?

• Peter Web
    Peter Web Member ✭✭
    edited January 23
    Options

I had a similar problem. When you create your Quicken account for BMO there are like 6 choices for BMO banks (BMO Bank of Montreal, Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group, etc.). Quicken only detected my savings account (not 2 mastercards) when I used "BMO Bank of Montreal". But after long time someone said to try to create account with "BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C" and that worked. Now all three accounts (savings, two credit cards) are downloading. (Note that BMO updates stopped working for me Jan 22/Jan23 so maybe wait a few days to try this approach).

• TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Right now on January 24, 2024, I have not been able to download any transactions from Bank Of Montreal. BMO performed an update or some kind of maintenance on their servers on January 21 and I have not been able to download since that happened. I keep getting the CC-601 error and no one knows what is going on. This had been working for me for the last year or more and now I can't get connected because it tells me that Quicken can not Connect to BMO. I am using "BMO Bank of Montreal" I could not get my accounts connected when trying to use that "BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik M-C" to set up my accounts.

I wish BMO would just get this straight. I have no problem with my TD and CIBC accounts, it's always BMO that gives me a problem.

• TJTex
    TJTex Member ✭✭
    Options

This is what happened to me when I tried to set up my accounts using the 'BMO Bank of Montreal Mosaik….." option. I could only get my checking account and it was always negative. So I set up accounts using the "BMO Bank of Montreal" option and all my accounts were available for me. That included my checking, my savings, my Master Card, my US dollar savings account and my linked InvestorLine account cash. All 5 accounts were set up in Quicken and worked perfectly for over a year until this week after BMO performed an upgrade or maintenance on their servers on January 21, 2024. Now nothing works.

• MPG
    MPG Member ✭✭
    edited January 24
    Options

Quicken is aware of the issue and are supposedly working on it. I have been logging onto the BMO website, manually downloading the transactions and importing them. Inconvenient, but it works.

• Peter Web
    Peter Web Member ✭✭
    Options

BMO service is back from me now on Feb 3. I did deactivate the savings and two credit card accounts in quicken and then re-activate them under "BMO Bank of Montreal". It now seems two-factor authentication required.

This discussion has been closed.