New user here - 2 questions on Payee renaming and Reverting

RussAdams
RussAdams Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Quicken Classic Deluxe in Windows 10. I'm on Version R53.26 Build 27.1.53.26

I had the Payee column set very narrow and didn't realize that Amazon puts the purchase details in the Payee column… I just saw these really large entries, so I set Quicken to rename them all to simply "Amazon". Then I imported a couple years of data. Which Quicken did exactly what I requested and changed all the Payee names to "Amazon".

Question 1:

Is there a way to get Quicken to mass "Revert" the Payee back to the originally downloaded description for all the transactions in my Amazon Synchrony account in one go? Or must I "Revert" each Payee one at a time?

Question 2:

Is there a way to set the Memo Field to the information in the Payee field, then change the Payee to "Amazon"?

Example:

This is what comes in:
AMAZON MARKETPLACE SEATTLE WA. CTS Lot of 4 - T27 Torx 5MM 6M SH

I'd like the Memo field to read:
CTS Lot of 4 - T27 Torx 5MM 6M SH

Looks like there's a few different formats. Additional examples:

"AMAZON RETAIL SEATTLE WA. BOSCH ICON 18A18A Driver & Pas" Memo becomes:
"BOSCH ICON 18A18A Driver & Pas"

'AMAZON DIGITAL SEATTLE WA. BritBox" Memo becomes:
"BritBox"

"AMAZON PAYMENTS SEATTLE WA" Memo leave asis:
"AMAZON PAYMENTS SEATTLE WA"

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!
Russ

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    1. You can select a group of Payees using Shft-click and Ctrl-click then right click on the selection and pick Revert selected Payee names. Reverting the names may not do what you want; you should always back up your data before making any bulk changes so you can get your original data back if necessary.
    2. I don't think so.

QWin Premier subscription
  • RussAdams
    RussAdams Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thanks Jim! I didn't realize you can shift-click and select multiple items. This will speed things up considerably. Bummer about question two. I'm probably asking for a "macro" type functionality in Quicken like there is in Excel. Russ

This discussion has been closed.