How Do I disable LIFO/FIFO in Quicken for Mac

Options
mpo
mpo Member ✭✭

Using Version 7.4.2 for Quicken Classic for Mac. I'm in Canada and I am not using LIFO or FIFO to calculate the Adjusted Cost Base for capital gains. Quicken for Windows seems to calculate the ACB without using LIFO/FIFO and matches my calculations on Excel to the penny. How can I get Quicken for Mac to calculated the ACB in the same way. Currently it is using Lots which I don't want.

Thanks

Comments

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I'm not sure that you can. Right click on the account in the sidebar & select Account Settings, and at the bottom of the window you can see the Cost Basis options. LIFO & FIFO are the only ones I see for my investment accounts.

• mpo
    mpo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for reply. Quicken for Windows calculates the capital gains correctly for Canada so I will just use that until Quicken for Mac gets the capability.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I don't see any posts in the Product Ideas forum for Quicken Mac suggesting that they add new cost basis methods. You should create a post over there describing what methods you need added so other users can vote on it to bring it to the developers attention.

This discussion has been closed.