Reconciling window closes and goes back to the register when clicking on clear box.

Options
Osnita
Osnita Member

When I am reconciling and account and I click on the clear box to clear a transaction, frequently it closes the list of transactions and it goes back to the register. It takes me a long time to finish the reconciling because I have to go back and forth several times until I can clear all the transactions because when I try to place the check mark in the clear box it closes the list and goes back to the register. It is very annoying and cumbersome. I have tried to click in various spaces of the click box to see if I find the magic place where it will not close the list and go back to the register.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @Osnita,

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate. 

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the Reconcile dialog, do you single-click on the transaction line or do you double-click?
    A single-click toggles the Clr checkmark on or off.
    A double-click returns you to the register so that you can edit this transaction and/or make other changes in the register. Use the "Return to Reconcile" button in the upper right hand corner of the register when done.

When trying to click several transactions, be sure to click slowly. Let Quicken finish processing what it needs to do for every click.

• Osnita
    Osnita Member
    Options

I single-click but it does what you say a double-click would do which is to return to the register. I will try to click slowly and see if it helps.

• Osnita
    Osnita Member
    Options

Anja, I super validated. Next time I reconcile an account I will be able to see if the problem was solved. Thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.