Upgrade Quicken HB 2012 to current version? (edit)

Options

I use quicken H&B to manage our household and a small, simple business. I use turbotax, but don't export from quicken to turbotax, I enter the data by hand.

H&B 2012 still works pretty well for our needs. I have not needed the download from financial institution feature for a long time but for various reasons that might be useful right now.

I'd be interested in feedback re how converting from 2012 to the current version might be expected to go, and also how buggy the current version is? Another question is for how long the current version will pull data from banks etc. Is it now an annual subscription?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @spacehorse

Sorry for the delay in replying. In case you haven't obtained the info you wanted - you can use this like to see current pricing on the various versions LINK.

Get back to me with any additional questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• spacehorse
    spacehorse Member ✭✭
    Options

I guess this is not a subject that if of interest here.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @spacehorse

Sorry you haven't received a reply earlier (I just saw your first post tonight).

To try and answer your questions:

a) converting from Q 2012 to the current version should be fairly smooth, as I know of other users who have jumped many more years without significant problems, but that is just what I have seen/heard here in the Community. So I would expect that your transition should be fairly easy.

b) For the second question - about how buggy the current version is - based on my experience and what I have seen here - I would say that it is no different from prior years. Which is to say that some users have issues, and most others do not.

Your last question is easy - your ability to download transactions from financial institution last for a year from your last annual subscription. If you do not renew, you will lose that download ability.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• spacehorse
    spacehorse Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Frankx. Even if I lose the ability to download transactions in a year, I can continue to operate quicken, correct? I could not find renewal pricing for home and business, do you have a reference or know the cost?

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi again @spacehorse,

On your question about using Quicken after your subscription expires - yes you can use it on "manual mode" (i.e - no downloading of data), but you should know that the application will be different in that there will now be an "advertisement", on about a quarter of your screen, suggesting that you renew your subscription.

You can find the current cost of renewal by going to: "Help" > "Manage your subscription" > "My Quicken Account" > then click on the "Subscriptions" box. I believe that the renewal price may change from time to time, when they have special prices. Also keep in mind that you may be able to purchase a new Quicken program at a lower price from some retailers, but be sure that the seller is legitimate, before buying as there have been reports of scammers taking advantage of folks.

Good luck.

Frankx

• spacehorse
    spacehorse Member ✭✭
    Options

My version of quicken is old enough (2012) so that it doesn't have a manage subscription option anywhere I can find. If anyone has a ballpark idea re renewal costs I'd appreciate it.

Thank you Frankx you helped a great deal.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @spacehorse

Sorry for the delay in replying. In case you haven't obtained the info you wanted - you can use this like to see current pricing on the various versions LINK.

Get back to me with any additional questions.

Frankx

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • spacehorse
    spacehorse Member ✭✭
    Options

ok thanks to both of you