How do I start Quicken again at a more recent date?

Options
Dog3
Dog3 Member ✭✭

I want to start all over again with Quicken but at the same time keep all my old transactions. The reason I need to do this is because when Suntrust became Truist and I downloaded transactions my register/transactions became completely messed up. For example some really odd names for places I had used before. amounts didn't match. Duplicate downloaded transactions and other things happened. I have been attempting to sort out my register ever since. I am just tired of trying to sort this mess out so I want to start again but keep the old transactions.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Restore a backup from before things got messed up and go forward from there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And if you really want to start from scratch "with a clean slate", try starting a new Quicken data file and give it a new file name, different from your current (obsolete) data file:

Click the File Menu, click New Quicken File. Follow instructions. Save the file to the same folder which holds your current Quicken data file, but do be sure to give it a new name. This way you will have your old data preserved in the (now old) data file.

Starting fresh with transactions for the year 2024 and bank statement balances for 12/31/2023 seems to be a good way to start fresh.

This discussion has been closed.